Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mid-Week Laughter

Goodness knows I’ve needed some laughs this week! I’m dealing with some *unwanted* drama on a babysitting site I frequent- sadly, a site I love! I’ve also had three interviews via phone in the past day, one of which was spontaneous and I’m still not entirely sure how the woman got my number! However, I feel like they all went fairly well and I’m extremely interested in one of the jobs, slightly interested in a second, and intrigued by the third. We’ll see what happens. I still have two months until I can begin a new job anyway, so I’m okay with taking it slow :)

So, some things making me laugh this week.

First and foremost, Mr. Jet Blue former employee. A must read…and giggle…and then think about what made him do this? We all get frustrated in our jobs at times. It one of the first articles I read about Mr. Slater via the NY Times, it mentions that his father recently died and his mother is very sick. It also mentions that his favorite book is, '”Twelve and Twelve” regarding Alcoholics Anonymous. Did he relieve his anger/frustration in the most civil of ways? No. But in my opinion, he doesn’t deserve jail time. Maybe some anger management classes, but seven years in jail? No thanks.

Secondly, Bachelor Pad. I watched it last night. I know, I know. My roommate got me hooked on the last few episodes of the most recent Bachelorette and it was just…on. And quite entertaining. It’s sad what some people will do for $250,000. The cute guys on the show aren’t bad to look at, either. ;-)

Next up, Date Night. I know that it’s been out for a while, but I got to catch it at the dollar theater and it’s hilarious! I’m a fan of both Steve Carell and Tina Fey, so that might be why I enjoyed it so much, but it kept me laughing! I think you can buy/rent it now.

Awkward Family Photos. I have some I could totally contribute to this site. Such as a family photo that has me looking like this: 
n144901829_30346521_9580 
It was supposed to be a nice family photo after baby #6 was born. Hehe. Even at age 9/almost 10 I was a bit snarky ;-)

Not Always Right. Simply put, hilarious. People are stupid and this site usually makes me laugh out loud. Literally!

 

I have a few more, but I’ll save them for another time…anything making you laugh this week you can share??

5 comments:

  1. There are laughs out there when we need them. Thanks for helping us find them!!!!! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't gotten around to seeing Date Night - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the Bachelorette this season and was hooked! Not sure if I'll enjoy The Bachelor as much, though. 25 catty and plastic women vying for the same man, doesn't sound all that appealing. And I LOVED Date Night. I love Steve Carrell and TinaFey, too. They are both so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oiy, he got jail time? Yeah, he didn't deserve that, but maybe those anger mngmt classes. They could give that jail time to, um, maybe some felon somewhere, you know?! Geesh.

    LOL! LOVE your face. So expressive. :D

    Making me laugh this week: The rabbits and squirrels using our bird bath to keep cool this week in our 105-110 degree heat. And I'm the one keeping it cool and full for them. LOL!

    {hugz} ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That JetBlue guy is all over the news! I'm frankly surprised he is getting so much attention. I had not heard about the possibility of jail time.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)