Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Poetry

I don’t mind writing a blog about life, since I’m mostly just writing so I can go back later in life and remember things I tend to forget.
Deep thoughts for a Tuesday, I know.

Poetry, though? I’m not a fan and never have been.

Somewhere, someone’s laughing. Guess where I’m going tonight?

A poetry reading…haha.

 

I know, I know. 

Here’s the thing though. I’ve never been to one before. It’s in a coffee house, so I figure I can down a chai, and since I’m falling asleep writing this a little caffeine might not be a bad idea. I met a random girl last Wednesday while I was at dinner with my former co-worker A’s summer co-workers…it’s a long story. Anyway, Steph was telling me that she always goes to this and that it turns out not so much like a poetry reading but more of a stand-up comedy club. And hey, I like humor. And chai. And finding something to do after work so I don’t just sit on the computer (although, YES, your blogs are all wonderful!)

So, I’m going. I am actually picking up another girl, Nai, on my way downtown. Nai is a friend of Lyn, my friend who was here last week. I just met her on Thursday…I said on Facebook yesterday that I feel like I should be singing that song, “Make new friends, but keep the old, one in silver and the other gold” because I feel like I’ve been meeting a lot of new/random people lately! Nai and Steph hit it off fabulously when we all went to the piano bar on Saturday night, and Nai will definitely keep us entertained if we become bored tonight.

Have you ever been to a poetry reading? How was it? (Don’t scare me off!)

4 comments:

  1. Even better than the poetry reading is the new friends you are making. And the fact that some of your friends who moved away are moving back. I seem to remember not too long ago how sad you were about the loss of those friends from your life and having to find new ones. And look at you now. I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to hear what you think about the poetry reading. Good for you for trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to one. Like you, poetry just isn't my favorite thing. Can't wait to hear how it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been to a poetry reading. Do they snap instead of clap? Or is that just beatnik stuff? Anyway, drink a frappe for me!

    Kris7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, they did snap! What is that about?!? Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)