Sunday, September 05, 2010

Debbie Downer

Sorry this blog has become a bit of a downer lately. No wonder no one is commenting, lol! Nah, it just reminds me that the reason to write is for me...not others :)

 I hope you're all having a great Labor Day weekend. Mine was spent in bridal shops (don't ask) and was incredibly long. I'm back in Big City now and thankful to be. 

All that my family seems to be able to talk about is an upcoming family wedding. It's not until next June. It's going to be a very, very long winter and spring. It is not that I'm not happy for my sibling who is marrying...I am, and I like the person they are marrying. However...I am having a hard time with it all. I'm the oldest sibling and to have a younger one taking this big step, well let's just say I'm struggling. Plus, every time I speak around my family these days I just get myself in trouble. In addition, I had to give the same speech about my job and that yes, I'm still unemployed and no, I haven't found anything yet and technically, it's only been since Friday so I'm hoping to find something and yes, I'm still keeping busy to no less than ten (well meaning, I'm sure) people over the last 24 hours. 

Oh, and one of them asked about my "romantic life" and how it's going. I told him it's not. What I should have told him is that the guy I was seeing in the spring who dropped off the face of the earth suddenly re-appeared, via text message, claiming to have lost my number and his phone...all this while I was in a bridal shop. Augh!!

I think I need to go here, alone, and reflect for like a year. 


Or crawl into a cave. 

5 comments:

  1. Can I move there with you??? Hang in there, the good news is that it usually works out in the end. Usually. I was in your place just about last year and ended up with a fabulous job, it's there -- it's the waiting that's hard.

    I also really struggle with still being single. 3 out of 5 of my siblings (all younger than me) have been married. And now are all divorced. You have to make sure it's right, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a text from that guy that I heard about before?

    On a different note, I'm sending you an e-mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking with my husband about how weddings nowadays (boy I sound old) - are such a huge thing due to the internets -- they are promoted year 'round with updates on special bridal websites and fancy magnets with "save the date" are sent out - like it is the biggest thing ever. BLEH. I think there is way too much build up. Hang in there and do tell us more about that guy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Debbie:(downer)

    Let me know when you get to CA. When are you coming? What part of our lovely state will you be visiting?

    Would love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oiy, and I've been bad about not getting out to comment on friends' blogs! Spedning all my time over on Twitter or Facebook. *wink* LOL!

    I'm with you... I would like to go somewhere, just to be in a serene place, to reflect and just be... without life interfering every minute. *sigh* Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)