Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Last Year

Last year on this Tuesday night, I was introducing myself to new students and greeting my old students.

This year, I’m talking to parents of old students trying to get babysitting jobs, and to see the kids I am already missing.

Last year on this night, I was joking with my cowokers, excited about the upcoming school year.

This year, I haven’t seen half of my coworkers since school ended in May and have no idea what’s to come this school year.

Last year at this time, I was living with a girl whose only spoken language was to grunt. At me, my family, my friends.

This year, my new roommate and I are working through the seasons of Felicity together. We hang out most nights if both of us are home.

Last year, I was up early on the first Wednesday of school.

This year, I can do whatever I wish with my open day. (Although fun, I’m hopeful these endless open days will actually end at some point...)

Truly a new adventure…where is the road leading??

IMG_3687 
Picture taken on my way to my parents’ house last weekend. It was such a gorgeous day!

4 comments:

  1. much love to you. i know it's difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of changes -- terrifying but exhilerating.
    I don't know you, but can relate, being in a position myself where I am faced with big decisions about the next few years of my life.
    I pray you find God's perfect place for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like you have a nice roomate, which is great! nice pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you have God, and turn to Him for direction on the paths you take, your adventures will be great! Vroom vroom! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)