Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Park & Fall Happiness

**This is a scheduled post because I have flown far, far away for a little break. Although for some of you, I'm actually closer than normal, but that's irrelevant. If for some reason the post looks weird, blame it on the strange internet cloud in the sky that still knows to post when I'm gone.**

Photo from here
After I fell asleep one time in the park, I’ve stopped taking naps there. It’s not the actual napping I mind doing at the park, but rather when the dogs not on leashes get all in my face and slobber and wake me up. Argh!
Now that the shadows are longer each evening and I’ve needed my sweatshirt and blankets to keep warm in the fall evenings, I’m trying to remind myself that this time of year isn’t soo bad. It’s not fall I mind and I do love a lot of things about fall:
- the smell of crunchy leaves falling around me
- pumpkin bread!
- Halloween
- warm chai tea
- cool breezes coming through the window while I am wrapped in a blanket
- football season (I don’t mind the football, it gives me babysitting jobs though!)
- beautiful sunsets
- apple cider
-hayrides
- fall festivals
- apple picking
- the smell of burning leaves
- caramel apples
- jeans and a long sleeve t, still paired with flip flops of course!
- bright fall colors
- pumpkin carving
So, I finally admit I’m accepting fall. It’s okay, I guess. What are your favorite fall things?
IMG_0489

2 comments:

  1. YES YES YES!
    I love the sound of leaves crunching under our feet.
    I love taking fall drives to admire the leaves.
    I like the fall recipes we make-the banana bread, pumpkin muffins, soups, etc.
    All the family activities. Cooler weather.
    Fall is just perfect! Winter need not invade early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's quite a list. I like fall because it's not too hot anymore, but still not freezing. I think the thing I miss the most about a North American fall, though is the way all the leaves change colour, so beautiful, and you have a fantastic pic of it.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)