Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sleepin' On The Job

Yea, don't do it. 

Not that I do! But here's a funny story from this morning, although mostly it's still just embarrassing to me. 

Like I mentioned yesterday, I am watching Bug at his new house. His family's new place is located in a (to me) very, very nice area. The houses are big, it's along a golf course, there are walking paths through the neighborhoods connecting to each other, and there are ALWAYS people around working on the houses- cutting down trees, painting inside/outside, landscapers, construction workers, housekeepers, etc. 

I did not grow up in a neighborhood like this, so yesterday while Bug was at daycare I was sitting on the couch watching a movie and felt bad watching the workers outside while I bummed around, although during the workweek I guess that's what house sitting is...

Anyway, cut to this morning. Bug was up around 6:30, so we got up, cuddled for a while, got him breakfast and dressed, and headed off to his "school" (he's 2 so I consider it more of a daycare?). When I got back to the house, none of the back porch construction guys were here and I was tired so I laid down on the couch and ended up falling asleep for about 45 minutes until, 

"Hellllllooo....Hellllooo???" 

Whooops! LOL! Turns out the painters were here, they came through the open garage door and (maybe? hopefully!) knocked, but I guess I didn't hear them. I was dressed from bringing Bug, but I couldn't see anything for a minute until I grabbed my glasses, and I'm sure my hair was a wreck!

And that's my embarrassing story for the day. Let's not sleep on the job, okay people!?

5 comments:

  1. lol..that's pretty funny! it's a good thing you were dressed though...i'm sure being in your pj's would have been even more embarrassing! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bethany, that cracked me up! I used to babysit when I was younger and I would always fall asleep on the couch and the sound of the parent's getting home would scare me to death. Then I would always end up talking like I was drunk...they still kept me though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were dressed so that's all that counts, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Luckily, you were dressed!

    Have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! At least you didn't fall asleep while bug was there :)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)