Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bad move?

One of my former coworkers, A, has a son that I knew from school. Today is his 5th birthday party and when his mom mentioned it to me I jokingly said that I was going to come crash the party.

A said that was actually a great idea because lots of my old students would be attending and it would be fun for them to see me (and vise versa). So I agreed to stop by.

Now I'm at the park where the party is taking place. I was a little early so I've been taking a walk through the gorgeous trees while I wait.

And now I am super nervous, more so than a job interview even makes me. For what, I'm not sure...

Am I scared to see how the kids have grown and learned in the four+ months I've seen them?
Anxious to talk to the parents, answer their questions??

I'm just nervous. No explanation. I hope I'm making the right choice, kids are always excited to see their old teachers, right????? BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious how this turned out!! Hey, girl! Bet you found out your nervousness was all for naught, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it go? I always feel nervous when I see my old coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did it go? I would think the children would LOVE to see you!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)