Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Two posts in one day, YAY! The first half of this week has just been so crazy wacky that I haven’t been able to post between work and babysitting. I’m thankful to be able to sit on the couch and read and catch up with a few things today. Smile
Anyway, back on Monday (like how I’m working backwards in my life instead of forward, haha! Winking smile ) I was trying to think of something fun to do with Derek and Laney. It was a cooler day and windy I think so we ended up making cupcakes- I found a cheap Halloween cake mix at Aldi’s and got chocolate and vanilla icing. We then colored a bunch of the vanilla icing all different fall colors, plus blue for Laney to use as sky on her cupcakes. Derek just had fun putting the icing on, but Laney really enjoyed creating designs like me. Smile
IMG_0690
IMG_0697
IMG_0699
Creations by Laney…
IMG_0705

IMG_0723

Laney made a flower and I loved the idea Smile
IMG_0712

A couple of my pumpkins
IMG_0722
Most of the creations…we had eaten a couple Winking smile
IMG_0728
IMG_0707IMG_0710IMG_0714
Less than two days later the two dozen cupcakes were nowhere to be seen…so I’d say it was a hit!IMG_0727

4 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes are awesomely decorated. I bet the kids had a great time. I know mine would love, but I seem to be selfishly avoiding the mess. Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked they lasted that long! They look great and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids did an awesome job! I'm seriously craving for some cupcakes now!

    Happy Friday, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)