Saturday, October 02, 2010

Saturday Randoms

-- At 4 am this morning, a horn blaring woke me up from some dream. In my half-awake state, the thought that crossed my mind was that someone collapsed in their car in the parking lot and was leaning on the horn. In fact, it belonged to the next door neighbors/party boys who were still enjoying their Friday night. Not the way I was planning to begin my weekend. 

-- Are there any NEW fall shows I should watch? I have them all in my queue but heard this morning that Lone Star and My Generation have already been canceled so I'm wondering what else I should not even bother with. LOL. 

-- I was supposed to go out of town this weekend but instead I'm home. Seeing as I just looked in my planner and the last weekend I've been home was in August, yes AUGUST, I'm okay with staying here and being lazy. I spent some time at the park but it's overcast, windy and colllllddddd so I came home. I'm thinking a nap is in order for later this afternoon. :)

-- My first two days of my new job went well! Thank you SO much for all of the thoughts and prayers. On the first day their mom was home and showed me around the town and where the parks/library are. The job is only about 20-25 minutes from me but I haven't spent very much time in that town. The second day, I was flying solo from the start but we all survived. I'll keep you updated!

-- Even though the weather hasn't been cold for long, the eczema on my hand (yep, it only shows up on one hand usually, and only between two of my fingers) is really itchy/hurting. Any tips? I use Aveeno lotion usually but it doesn't seem like I can apply it fast enough lately!

-- Hope you all have a good weekend. I'll be making the rounds on your blogs since I'm being lazy! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Mike and Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know the new job went well. As for the eczema, my dad uses Lactacyd to bathe and it does alleviate the itch. The product is actually a feminine wash but it has the perfect ph balance for the skin! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this isn't very helpful, but I've never been able to find a long term solution for eczema other than cortisone cream. One thing that did work for quite a while though was putting a few drops of an extract of comfrey root on the irritated skin. It's really cooling, and the relief lasted for several hours even though it didn't take the eczema away.

    You should also wear gloves if you have to use any sort of soap or detergent at all. If you do find something effective, let us know.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)