Monday, October 04, 2010

A Secret

Can I tell you a secret?

I fear lately that I will not love any job as much as I loved the school job.

I have absolutely no complaints about the family I am working for now. Today is going faster than Friday, we took a trip to the library which definitely helped. The kids are nice and well-behaved and the parents great. The house is comfy, I don't even have to bring food if I don't want to and the hardest thing for me is getting out of the house before 7 am.

Still, I have this (irrational?) fear that I've been hesitant to tell anyone about.

The school job was one I absolutely loved. On the weekends, I would miss it. I was busy and loved by many children. My mind just keeps racing back to my nanny job in the summer of '07 that was very short lived. I would cry every day during that job. I was miserable. The parental situation was not the best, by far.

Now, I have a lot of friends. I have nanny friends that we can hopefully meet up with, to get us out of the class.

I looked for jobs in schools. People never responded. None were my old school anyway.

I'm trying. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

4 comments:

  1. Give it time. Enjoy each day. And thank goodness the parents you're working for are better than your last position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, I hope its better than you expect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every new position is an adjustment. I think it's after we've adjusted/gotten used to it, we can then absorb better to see if we LIKE what we're doing. Make sense?
    I think it will work out well, and I completely understand how a job like this is more lonely more of the time. Boy do I get that!
    But you know that no matter what job it is-even your dream job-there will always be SOMETHING.

    I hope you find a new routine with the family soon, and I can't wait to read the cute stories you'll have to share. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Sharon said, change is an adjustment... especially so with a new job. I've been through several job changes in my life, not all were good, of course... but I tried to find the things I liked in each job and focused on that. The more time you spend with the job, the more good you will find. Hang in there, hon. Look forward, not back... you have new memories with this family to build. Make them your priority, let them know you are focused on them, especially the children... I'll bet the fun comes naturally to you AND them once you let your heart surround them. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)