Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Thursdays

I'm actually posting from my computer! This never happens these days.

So, with my new job, I work four 10-hr. days instead of five 8-hr. days. While I don't have a three day weekend, I do have Thursdays off! This means I only have to get through three days in a row of waking up early (seriously, this is the HARDEST part of the job for me, well that and getting out of the house before 7 am, plus going to bed early..well it's all connected, right?) before I get a break on Thursday mornings. Then there is just one more work day and it's Friday. So, Wednesdays are almost like a Friday for me too, hehe!

This is my first full week at the job, so tomorrow's the first breather I have. Between working and babysitting I've put in 35 hours of work in the past three days, so I'm a little excited! However, I have a lot of ideas of what I can/will get done before 4 pm, when my friend Lyn is coming over for a movie and dinner. 

What I'm hoping to accomplish...

- looking for a new fall coat (mine doesn't zip anymore :(..)
- vacuuming the house
- reading
- cooking a meal to use for lunch on Friday
- catching up on TV shows
- catching up on emails
- catching up on blogs that have sat in my Google Reader all week (that 1000+ number is staring me in the face!)
- a bike ride at the park]
- clean the bathrooms
- lots and lots of laundry

Of course, the jury is out on what I will actually accomplish...hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

  1. looking over that list, the blog reading is definitely the priority ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you'll get to accomplish the tasks on your list.

    Have a great weekend, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like FUN. After a long week, some pampering/shopping ought to be in store -- glad you have the opportunity!

    Be sure to post pictures once you've chosen your new jacket, pretty please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish every company offered 4/10 hr work days. That's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you finally get that bike ride?? Huh huh huh??

    Thanks for reminding me - I need a new coat. My last one is practically coming apart at the seams... oh wait, it is! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)