Saturday, October 09, 2010

Whew!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

I don't know about you, but I've had quite the busy week! I survived my first full week of the nannying position and it's going well. After writing the post Monday I felt a lot better, just getting my thoughts typed and out, I guess. 

I'm currently babysitting (Bug is sleeping, I'm not ignoring him, lol!) and so far this week I've been watching kiddos and on the clock 56 hours this week. Last night when I realized this, I took myself to see the new Katherine Heigl movie "Life As We Know It". I do not want to give anything away but I really enjoyed it- there were very funny and very sad parts. 

Today was just absolutely non-stop. My roommate Hope's nieces were in for the day. They are very sweet girls but I had never met them before- R is 9 and E is 6. Their parents dropped them off a little after 9 am and my roommate was not home so I kept an eye on them (she had asked me to beforehand so it wasn't a surprise or anything!). We colored and did a few puzzles and got to know each other. Hope came home and we all trekked to the store but as soon as we returned home, Hope realized she'd forgotten one of the ingredients for our brownies, so I headed back to the store sans the girls. I was in and out of the store in 1/20th of the time it had taken the first time, but I hopped in my car to come home and Hope called- she had forgotten her paid for prescription, so back in the store I went once again. LOL! 

Eventually, we had lunch, made brownies, went to the park and walked while the girls scootered to a playground and we all went swinging like careless kids. Once back at the house, we played a game called Encore. I'd never heard of it before and it's really not my kind of game since I stink at music and lyrics but I had fun anyway. 

After getting my butt kicked by my music obsessed roommate who made up fake songs,  I had to scoot and come to Bug's house. Soon after I got here, Hope let me know that she, the girls and their parents were all going out to eat a nearby steakhouse so Bug and I joined them. For being nearly two, Bug's done pretty well every time I've taken him out to eat with friends in the past month or so. We bring trains and goldfish and hope for the best! 

The day wasn't done there. though. Bug and I stopped by a Rita's custard and then met up with Hope and took a 1.2 mile walk around the lake at a local park. Given that again, Bug is 2, he half walked, I half held him and he wanted to throw rocks and slide down minor ravines the whole time. It was an adventure and took a good hour, at which point it was beginning to get quite dark! 

So, I'm a bit worn out tonight! I plan to spend most if not all of tomorrow resting up. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll make a dent in my Google Reader! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)