Monday, November 22, 2010

Idea Boxes

Earlier last week the kids and I made idea boxes. Because I have my car and two carseats for Derek and Tobin, one box is ideas for when we can go places, such as the zoo & indoor play places. The other box held ideas of things we can do in the afternoons in the winter when we are stuck inside (making cupcakes, movie afternoon, I bought a few crafts at the Dollar Tree…)
We used this youtube video to help out, although I had made the boxes before so it was more of a refresher course for me. This was also helpful on Saturday when I was taking care of nine kids and we desperately needed something to do! As an added plus, the kids can decorate them which takes up extra time Winking smile 
Box-Making
IMG_0884[1]

So, yes. Very simple but hopefully it will help keep us sane during the winter. We used some of the ideas from this post but I think the kids came up with some of their own (grow our own animals, those foam ones in capsules?, paint, play-doh, etc.)

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea and they'd be easy to make themed out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may do these for Aidan's Christmas break!
    Where did you get all the boxes?

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)