Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Keeping Sane in Winter


There are a few parks within walking distance of my job but we aren't able to venture there anymore due to the weather. So that we don't go insane I am trying to compile a list of things to keep us busy during these long winter months. Can you help me expand it???

When I have a car/mornings when I have just the boys:

- Paint your own pottery place
- ice cream shop/mcd's playplace (indoor)
- mall playplace
- library
- science center
- zoo (ours has a fair amount of indoor exhibits)

Homebound:

- build a fort
- make a cake/cupcakes/brownies
- crafts (any websites to suggest??)
- make edible playdoh/ play with playdoh
- movie afternoon
- play games (the kids are young but we can play Break The Ice, Candyland, Tumblin' Monkeys, etc.)
- hide and seek
- book reading afternoon

Keep in mind the kids are 5 and 3..I'm sure I'm missing a lot but this was just off the top of my head. I want to make sure that we don't get too bored haha!


BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

6 comments:

  1. dltk-kids is a great site for printables/craft ideas.
    starfall.com is a good educational game site for a 5yo.

    Winter...maybe ask their mom for a list of Christmas gifts received, and you can work on thank you cards w/ the kids?
    A winter walk/hike can be fun, brining a checklist of things to look out for.
    Have you ever done a sensory tub? notimeforflashcards.com is a GREAT site w/ ideas for that, as well as many others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scavenger hunts?
    theme days? like pajama and movie day...or superhero day...or favorite animal day...i don't know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. or color days. where everyone wears red, for example, paints with red paint, eats red food...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no help, but good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAH! It's been so long since my guy was little that I don't have any ideas to add!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only other thing I can think of is playing with shaving cream. It gets messy but it's fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)