Last month was the first month I had done a written budget in a long time. Summer was crazy with all of my traveling and work was sporadic and budgeting fell to the wayside until I started my new job and got a (partial, but still) paycheck.
I feel proud of myself for paying off so much in 2010. If I look back to where I was in January I have come far, financially anyway. I still have no idea where my life is headed except that it doesn't seem to be going the way I thought it would.
So anyway, back to the budget. I used cash only for groceries, eating out and entertainment. I used my debit card for gas but knew (roughly) how much I would be spending. Using cash for most things worked out very well up until the end of the month, when I had a surprise visitor and we went out to eat...so while not perfect, the month went well money wise.
I was also able to pay off $600 in debt, although it's not updated on the sidebar here yet. When I actually sit down at my computer I will do that.
So, some changes for my (complete!) November budget:
- more money toward gas, since I am going to my parents and then continuing Eastward on Thanksgiving weekend. I will be gone from Wed evening- Sunday and traveling about 800 miles.
- my food money will all be in one envelope, be it for groceries or eating out. The same goes for my entertainment/blow money. The less envelopes the better for me!
- I have a little money set aside for Christmas and will be adding to that.
- my car needs to have some work done at some point, but the work is over $1100. Being that my car is about 11 years old and nearing 190K, I have started a car fund. I've never had a car payment and if possible, would like to keep it that way.
- I eventually need to buy a dress for a wedding I am in in June. This will probably happen over Nov/Dec depending on how much babysitting I do.
- I've added a "nanny fund" for times when I'm out with the kids and stop at the mall or Panera, my current obsession. There won't be much in it but just a little for special times.
That's all I can think of now. How are your November budgets looking? I will hopefully have some time to catch up on blogs soon, over the next 12 days I am only working 5!! (boss is heading out of town) :)
Posted via BlogBooster, blame that if anything looks wonky!