Thursday, November 11, 2010

Prayers!

This post is (kind of) a follow up to this one..

Or at the very least, you'd have a better idea of what I'm talking about, I guess. 

My roommate Hope's friend is close to death. I'm not sure HOW close but all of her college friends have begun to flock to Maryland and say their goodbyes. If nothing else, they are beginning to reconnect with each other. Hope's been trying to figure out if/when to go and how to make it happen...fly, drive alone, drive in a caravan, etc. 

In a pretty last minute decision, we decided to go tomorrow. I'll go with her (as it happens, I have tomorrow off, perhaps a God-thing?) and probably drive a lot of the way and all/most of the way back. We're taking my car and it's about an 8 hour drive each way. We'll be back either late, late, late tomorrow or sometime Saturday, depending on if we go there and come all the way back in one day or not. As one of my friends said today, it's good that I can go so I don't feel helpless, which is true but it will still not be a "fun" roadtrip and prayers would be appreciated for safe travels and for my roommate, her friend, and his whole family as they navigate this difficult path. 

My friend Jessie also needs some prayers. She just found out that her older brother died in his sleep. Their family just lost Jessie's older sister less than a year ago and both deaths were unexpected. Please pray for Jessie, her husband, and their three children, ages 4, 3, and  less than a week old as they travel about 15 hours+ to get to her family. 

Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Safe travels and I will keep you, your friends and their families in my thoughts. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers for all. drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so much sadness :( be safe on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you have a safe trip. You'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to read about all of these heartbreaks. You and your friends are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. They are definately in my prayers. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sad to hear about your friends. Please know that I will stop what I'm doing and remember them in prayer...and again and again!
    Hugs,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)