Sunday, December 19, 2010

Serenity

On Friday, I had the day off and planned to spend it just reading and chilling, but I ended up going stir-crazy (as I usually do when I try to have a quiet at home day haha!).

So, I headed to the snowy park and took a hike! It was actually very pretty Smile

Of course the first thing that greeted me was this sign…

IMG_5119IMG_5120

Curious, I checked the temperature—a thrilling 8*
IMG_5180

I did not let that deter me though and traipsed through the woods for a bit. I spent about an hour just enjoying the quiet and made a few squirrel friends too!

IMG_5125

IMG_5140

IMG_5157IMG_5154

And as a country girl, I had to eat some of the fresh snow! It was quite tasty Smile

IMG_5184

IMG_5181

IMG_5176

IMG_5202

We got some ice before the snow and that was evident
IMG_5203

IMG_5208

Eventually the moon rose and I decided to call it a day- what a great, peaceful time it was (not to mention FREEZING!) Smile

IMG_5216

IMG_5219

IMG_5225

The next post will be #1000! YAY me!

IMG_5229

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Beautiful pics, Bethany!! I can feel the serenity.

    Happy Monday, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! 8 degrees...you are brave. ;) Or crazy. Which is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome photos, beth!!!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)