Saturday, January 08, 2011

20 Years Coming

IMG_2848

I don’t know how many of you know this, but I was born in Maine and lived there for the first 5ish years of my life. Being that it was Maine and winter lasted forever and graced us with an abundance of snow every year, I was on skis early in life.

But then we moved to Pennsylvania and while I remember putting on my mom and dad’s skis when I was younger, I don’t recall skiing being a part of my childhood. It’s come up a bit in the past few years and I’ve always said that one day, I’d like to go skiing again someday. Not to be a skiing sportster or anything, just go as an adult.

Well, cut to this morning. My Saturday plan was to sleep, read books & blogs, enjoy a bagel & chai at Panera, maybe use some of my Kohl’s gift cards…

And then Lyn called me. She’s from Wisconsin and has skied quite a bit. She owns her own skis, poles, etc. A few months ago, she had mentioned that she’d bring her skis back over Christmas. I probably jokingly said, “Oh yea, let me know…I’ll totally go with you”.

And today we did. We went to a local park and somewhere there are pictures of ME on skis but they are on Lyn’s camera. We went about 3 miles and BOY was I sweaty by the end. There were a few good hills but we were doing cross-country skiing. I fell a couple of times but as of now I’m not too sore. Ask me again tomorrow.

Anyway, I’m glad I went! It was tough at times especially because I really don’t know HOW to ski since it’s been so long…but I made it!

So—what did YOU do this Saturday? LOL!

IMG_2846

IMG_2847

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome day! Are you addicted now?

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)