Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Discover

I’ve noticed in recent years that many bloggers (and I’m sure non-bloggers, as well!) choose a word of the year. It’s a word that the individual chooses to live by for that given year.

I’ve come across a lot of words that I think work for me…so I’m changing mine up a bit- cause hey, I’m not one to do things the normal way! I am choosing a word of the year for 2011. However, I am also choosing twelve additional words- one for each month of the year. We’ll see how it goes!

Did you choose a word of the year??

My word of 2011:

DISCOVER

I want to discover where I’m heading. I want to explore more, try more, and learn more.

January- Trust
February- Accept
March- Friendship
April- Openness
May- Simpleness
June- Be
July- Learn
August- Emerge
September- Peace
October- Grow
November-Connect
December- Savor

I think it will be interesting to see how each of the words play in each month Smile

3 comments:

  1. and I'll be interested in reading about them each month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I'm already feeling as if I am trapped with JUST one word...this would let me work on a few other things, too:) Discover...great word!

    Okay, I didn't know you were born in Maine. We went this summer and I fell in LOVE with it! Seriously...I would give anything for a summer home there.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)