Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow- is it really January 1? It seems impossible! 

How did you celebrate New Year's Eve? I took care of two of my old students during the day- I've seen them through their nanny a few times, especially in the summer when we all met up with the kids, but it was still nice to spend a whole day with them. 

Hope ended up not coming back into town until yesterday, so I didn't see her until I was done with the kiddos. She seems to be doing alright. We ended up at her cousin's house for New Year's Eve. I didn't feel like going, truthfully...but knew that sitting at home being bored would definitely not be a better choice. So, we went and had fun. It was very low-key- lots of kids running around, we played MadGab and ate a TON of food. Thankfully there were a lot of laughs shared and hopefully it was good medicine for Hope. She's close with her cousin as they grew up together. 

I have no idea of what 2011 will bring. None at all. In truth, I'm starting this year still sad about my roommate's dad...sharing her pain and trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to help her. I'm not sure if she'll want to talk, or want to be left alone, or what. I guess we'll figure it out as we go.

1 comment:

  1. You have definitely had lots of ups and downs in recent months. Here's to all ups in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)