Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Heard on a Snowy Day

For some very odd reason, I've found it entertaining to listen to the local police scanners online while the snow piles up. I only recently discovered that you can do this, but if it's snowing hard and I'm trapped at home, it's likely I might have the police scanner on. I also like to read the police reports

Anyway, if you listen long enough, you hear some odd things, such as:

- A man is threatening to hurt his girlfriend because she won't order him a pizza. (I suppose this isn't funny per se but really...pizza...?)

- A person was spotted pulling people down the road on a sled while he is on his motorcycle (I can see this happening in the country where my parents live but in the city?!)

- Police officer badge #56 requesting backup at Taco Bell (and then they got cut off so it made me wonder why he needed backup at Taco Bell. Is it that bad?)

- Purse and contents stolen from grocery cart of woman loading her groceries into her car (I bet next time she will put her purse in her car first...)

-Car stolen from man. Roommate took the vehicle (get a new roommate)

- Someone stole an air conditioner from the side of a house (it is seriously 0*...what the heck?)



Yes, so it's a strange habit of mine. Do you have any? Haha.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, that would be amusing to listen to. I like how someone stole an air conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stealing an air conditioner...really? Oh my...

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)