Thursday, February 03, 2011

Ice Day

Ironically, it turned out that when the last post was scheduled and did post, we were in the midst of a wonderful ice storm. I slept horribly Monday night and was up for the day by 4:30 am. Two+ hours later, I called my boss and told her I wasn’t going to make it to work, at least not soon. Everything was a sheet of ice and accidents were everywhere.

Around 3 pm, with a break in the storm, I headed towards work. It took double the time it usually does, and even the highway was not very safe. I was only on it for about 6 miles and saw as many accidents. One idiot came flying through the traffic at 60 mph at a point when the rest of us were going 20. He then began swerving and slammed into the center wall. It’s hard to feel any sympathy for idiots like that.

Anyway, I stayed overnight at work Tuesday and Wednesday the kids and I stayed safe and warm, thankful to have electricity when so many people in our area don’t!

I took a few pictures, but it was after the ice, more ice, then rain…so (sadly?) the cool large icicles were already gone.

-- Laney painted my nails (thankfully just clear with purple hearts) and a very girly bandaid…lol

IMG_1041[1]

-- Icy branches

IMG_2925

IMG_2938

IMG_2946

 

-- Colorful but playdoh-you-can-eat cookies

IMG_2931

IMG_2929

IMG_2952

 

-- Money sorting for the kids to use on their vacation next month

IMG_2957

How’s your icy week going?

IMG_2943

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)