Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Mini Chocolatiers

I didn’t write about VD because, well, it’s never really been on my radar. However, that doesn’t mean I didn’t have some fun with the kids…
IMG_5722
We made chocolates! I picked up a few reusable molds & bags of meltable chocolate in red, blue, brown & sprinkled from Michael’s ahead of time and we just went to town! Smile
Laney was verrrrrrrrrry precise with her chocolate colors and mold. I’d estimate she worked on it for a good hour. She didn’t want to fill any flower with just one color/flavor but preferred three. She got it EVERYWHERE. Eventually I just had her take her shirt off and even then her belly was multi-colored chocolated!
IMG_5730

IMG_5746
Derek really enjoyed himself! Once I showed him how to fill the mold, he went for it and did an awesome job. His turned out really well!
IMG_5709

IMG_5714
IMG_5728
And I have to admit, I had a good time too- they didn’t last long!
IMG_5712
IMG_5735

3 comments:

  1. looks like you made the day very fun for them! those chocolates look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and fun idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun of you! I'm sure those kids love ya. ;)
    I love homemade chocolate like that. Aidan & I have done that twice now. SOOO good!
    Your candy looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)