Thursday, March 03, 2011

Birthday Recap

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I haven’t had time to write or read blogs in the last couple days. I had to work late yesterday and on Tuesday…well, you’ll see.

I wasn’t expecting much for my birthday this year. I hadn’t planned anything. I was going to work and then on to enjoy my evening at pottery class. On my way to bowling on Sunday, I found out that said pottery class was canceled and posted on Facebook, knowing it was late notice but did anyone want to grab dinner or something on Monday? By the time I got home Sunday night a plan was in place.

I arrived at work as usual on Monday and discovered the family I work for had bought cupcakes for the kids & I to enjoy at lunch time. We had a little party at lunch time and I opened the gift they got me—to my absolute amazement it was a Nook! I’m still figuring out how to use it but WOW! I really wasn’t expecting anything from them so I was blown away!

 

I also got off work a tiny bit early and my roommate was still home when I got there. I showed her the Nook and as she walked out the door she told me there was a card on the table.

About 15 minutes before my friends came to get me for dinner, I opened the card, expecting it was from my roommate. Well, it WAS, but she had ALL my old co-workers sign it!!!!!! I started crying, no joke. Happy tears, but somehow Hope knew that I’d be missing being at school and with my co-workers on my birthday. She was spot on! The card was my favorite gift, hands down. Such a simple gift but from the heart Red heart- not a soft side of Hope we see often. Smile with tongue out

Well, I was able to have four friends come to dinner at my favorite Mexican place! One was my old coworker A, so it was good to catch up with her. I had delicious chicken fajitas and got a free dessert (sopapillas, YUM!). Once Hope and I both got home I thanked her over and over for that card. She can be thoughtful!

172722_550788679360_144901829_31958526_4327456_o

On Tuesday, my friend Stacy had invited me over for dinner. We had delicious chicken parmesan (sooo good, and what I’m having for my family bday dinner this weekend teehee) and she even got me to dance to Michael Jackson Wii. Anyone who knows me will know that’s an accomplishment! We ended the evening with Rita’s Italian Ice- I’m so glad that place is open again! Thank you so much, Stacy! Smile

~~



Here’s to a great year of being 26! Smile

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful!!! I'm glad you had a good birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)