Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Since I’m mostly Irish, I do love this day, even though it doesn’t really mean I’m doing anything special tonight.

The last week or so have been so wacko. It started with one of my bosses telling me they may go back to school in the Fall. I’m not sure what this means as far as my job goes yet.

Then last Tuesday my oldest charge, 5 year old Laney, had a major meltdown in the middle of the neighborhood on an afternoon bike ride. There was screaming, yelling, clutching of the bicycle, sitting on a sidewalk…it was just lovely. Two days before, my mom had informed me I was her hardest child to raise. Payback at its finest.

On Monday, none of my pottery pieces would form correctly. They kept collapsing. The same day, or maybe it was Tuesday, I found out my bank is charging money to me monthly for seemingly no reason.

Tuesday evening, I put my bike on my car. Wednesday morning, on my way to work, the bike and my bike rack fell off my car. Thankfully, I wasn’t on the highway and no one was hurt but STILL. Then last night, I went to get that issue fixed and ended up needing a new bike rack (the first one was not sturdy enough for my bike, apparently) and plus I bought my cheapo bike at Wally World and the bars on it are strange, so THEN I had to buy a bike bar to go across the top so it would actually fit in the bike rack.

Cue to today. My car’s been kind of hesitating, so it went in the shop before 10 am. It’s after three p.m. now and I just got it back. The possibilities seemed to be:

-catalytic converter
- fuel pump (or something)
- something to do with the engine

But oh no. After spending all day in the shop, they couldn’t even do anything for it right now. Likely the problem is likely something with the TRANSMISSION. Oh no. Sigh. Looks like I’m on the hunt for a “new” car…soon.

But you know what? It’s sunny, 60*, and I’m heading to get ice cream with a friend soon. I’ll likely end up at the park later.

All I have to say is, thank goodness for sunshine, and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you went for ice cream. It was made for weeks like yours. Enjoy car shopping. Get one you really like! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you have a week like that, you know the next one is going to be rosy. Plus, your outlook is pretty darn good, I gotta say!

    Happy St. Pat's!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)