Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Moments


This evening I sat with an almost-8 year old on my lap as we watched a teenybopper Disney movie. Her two twin siblings, younger by just over a year and all former students of mine, cuddled next to us...4 amigos, movie watching on the couch.

A couple of weeknights spent with the same set of siblings, playing Hullabaloo and multi-player solitaire, then a few books being read before bed.

A trip to California in late September, time spent by the ocean thinking and relaxing. Dolphins jumping under the Golden Gate bridge during a rainy afternoon, such a rare sight.

Multiple day-long adventures with Bug, trips to the zoo and the park, exploring his new neighborhood.

These are the moments I want to remember. Yes, I may miss my former job and co-workers but if I still had that job, none of these would have been possible. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. BEST POST YET. :)

    I'm glad to hear you sounding positive and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' this wonderful outlook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These moments are what sustain us! I'm glad you are taking the time to treasure them.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)