Thursday, April 07, 2011

Reaching the End

When yesterday arrived, I was already at the end of my rope. Not with any one thing in particular, but I knew that I’d been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I haven’t been sleeping well, thanks to a cold or allergies or something equally as not-fun.

Days like yesterday, it’s hard to have a job where I rely on someone else to “take over” with the kids. I can’t leave on time unless a parent arrives home from their work, which wasn’t happening. The dad called AT 5:30 to tell me he was on the highway…sigh.

Anyway, I’ve been overbooked. It’s my fault, really. I’m in charge of my own planner. It’s just that I prefer staying busy to being bored. However, after realizing that 23 out of the past 25 nights I’ve not gotten home before 9 pm, meaning it’s basically work/babysitting or other meeting/activity, it’s bedtime. And then I’d get up and do it all over again, day after day after day.

So, I told people no. No for next week. Next week, I will work, and come home. I will read one of the 43 books I have checked out from the library that have been watching me speed by. I will eat dinner at home. If the weather is nice, maybe I’ll go to the park and read or bike.

Do you overbook yourself a lot? What do you do to recharge? Also..did I ever post pictures of my finished pottery pieces? I can’t find them…yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Time to yourself is important, too. Good for you, for stepping back and saying, "Not this time. Sorry."
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're taking time to relax and read :-) You're always so busy helping people and working...you need "YOU" time :-)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)