Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reflection

I knew that this week would be tough in a weird way.

A year ago, I was finishing up my third and final year of teaching (for now). As eager as I was to remove myself from the situation with Jessa, it was still extremely sad to leave my awesome co-teachers and students, making graduation a rough day.

It’s so hard to believe that was a year ago! I feel like I’ve come so far, or not far at all, depending on how I look at it.

After a few months of therapy (seeing a counselor, that is) earlier this year, I had to give myself a break from my co-workers. I saw one at my birthday, one during their spring break, and another right around St. Patrick’s Day, and then didn’t talk to any of them besides my roommate for two months. I’m not sure if it was the right way for me to deal with the aftermath, but I needed it. Being in constant contact with the girls was making it hard, aye impossible, to really move on.

But now I feel like I’ve come to a place where I can see them again. I’ve talked to a few and hopefully will see Amy tomorrow after the graduation, to hang out with her son while we walk around the zoo. It’s inevitable that I will run into many of my old students, and that’s fine. I’d love to see them!

Ay, yi…healing sure does take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)