Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vacation, where are you?


I am in desperate need of a vacation. I need a break from the 6 am call of the alarm, the dreary rain, the carting around of children who are not mine. I need to sleep, read, sit by the ocean and hear the beautiful sound of crashing waves,

I am really struggling with having to work full time this summer. I don't mean to sound like a brat, for the last few summers I was still working, just not full time and usually not at 7 am. With babysitting I was able to set my own schedule and usually work evenings. These early mornings are killing me. Literally. No matter what time I (force myself to) go to bed, I wake up exhausted. I am just not wired to get up at 6 am. I'm more wired to work until midnight or 2 am, and I'm not joking.

So, yea. I'm worn out. I want a fun summer, a relaxing summer, and it's not happening. I'll be the chick working 60 hour weeks zombie-eyed while I dream of being on a beach somewhere...




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I do so understand! And it is very hard to work against your natural body clock and rhythym. Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)