Thursday, June 02, 2011

Tan Help

I cannot even believe I’m writing the words tan and help on this blog.

No photo(.s) today, but I do need some help and input regarding another wedding thing. See, this is what happens with weddings. It’s like a big snowball. One request or issue rolls into another and it becomes a huge dealio. lol.

So, the dress I have to wear is a bright pink halter top sort thing. I don’t know, I’m not very fashionable with any of this.

Which is why I never thought I’d be asking for tanning help, but here I am. Clearly if my sister had chosen to get married in say, early or mid-May, I wouldn’t have this issue!

Anyway, it’s hot lately, 90* or so. I’ve been wearing tank tops and flip flops daily, resulting in tans even if I wear sunscreen. I’m truthfully not worried about my feet. The way I see it, the dress and fancy shoes, if I can find any that my feet actually accept (my feet are way wide and HATE “fancy” shoes. I wish I could wear flip flops. Island with a palm tree ) will be worn only for the actual wedding. Rehearsal? Flip. Reception? Flops.

But the back and shoulders? Ugh. It’s another story. So what do I use? I’m not a tanning bed person, and I’m not doing that. Are there self tanners that do not turn a pale Irish girl orange? HELLLPPP!!!!!!!! Surprised smile  Please someone tell me that I’m not going to ruin my sister’s fairytale wedding with white strappy lines showing? Fingers crossed

1 comment:

  1. i hear that spray tans are the way to go. most tanning salons have them.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)