Monday, September 19, 2011

From the Grandparents

IMG_0113

In the past couple months, I’ve been pondering the fact that while we absolutely inherit genes and likes/dislikes from our parents, it would seem that a part comes from grandparents directly.

As a youngster, my dad’s dad took pictures- hundreds and hundreds of them. Obviously, as you can tell from this picture, I loved that fact about him. Winking smile

n144901829_30346521_9580

I am the snobby 10 year old in purple on the bottom left- in all honesty, we were probably 50 pictures into this photo session honoring the birth of the 6th child in our family. While my parents were surely not thrilled with me at the time, I love this picture- or at least the fact that the face has been captured forever!

Anyway, in the last couple of years, I’ve really enjoyed photography in general, but it’s only been lately that I truly notice the beauty around me outside—and I have to admit, capturing a shot of nature is easier than capturing moving children or fish!

IMG_0052
Crouching deer, hidden deer Winking smile

IMG_0040

Flowers after the rain are pretty- especially with my friend Macro!

IMG_0066

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0071

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two boys & I visited a farm earlier this week and found lots of flowers and new animal friends…

IMG_0117

IMG_0115

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0109

IMG_0133

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0141

 

 

 

 

 

 

Making friends at the farmIMG_0149

 

IMG_9744
Goodnight, moon   Red rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)