Baking, pumpkin seeds, carving pumpkins...I love it.
However, where is the maid...?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
The snow, the cold, the ice, being cold for months and months on end…
I usually figure that I’m safe through the end of October snow wise. I’m pretty sure that last year we had out first flurries at least on November 1st, but I refuse to think about it before then. Argghh..
I’m not ready for the icy roads, freezing cold mornings spent scraping my car windows, sun down both when I drive to and from work…
Winter, can you please fly by? K, Thanks.
People are always telling me my pictures could be postcards/ should be posters/ should be in a magazine, etc…I don’t know about that, but that’s what they say.
So, I entered a photo contest a couple of weeks ago. Nothing ever came of it, but it was fun to enter. Ahem. It was ALSO a ton more work than I was anticipating, between uploading pictures, trying to decide which ones to enter, making sure they printed correctly, then trying to put them on this darn foam board…Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were eliminated because they looked crappy (no frames were allowed and the foam board was not easy to work with!!!!)
Here are a couple of the pictures I considered using, or did use… I really like a lot of these, but due to rules not all of them even qualified.
I haven’t blogged, really blogged…shared photos, stories, in a while. The honest truth is this. Well, it’s multifold I suppose- but
1) why write when no one but me reads…I need to remind myself that when blogging, I’m “documenting”, as one of my Austria buddies used to say. I DO enjoy coming back to read, so why don’t I just write for me?
2) it’s undoubtedly harder to blog with no wireless internet in the house. I’m not even home that much to begin with. When I am home, it’s evening and I tend to read/just chill after work. On my (rare) days off, I am usually trying to clean/do laundry/errands, etc. All that boring stuff.
3) I’m too busy living life! Of course, right now that means working, babysitting, the occasional time with family or friends. Somehow, they still haven’t created an app for reading minds and blogging, which is really too bad. I’ve thought up some awesome things to write while driving.
4) Pictures. Oh, the pictures. I do intend…or at least have the best intentions, to share photos and memories from this summer and fall. But then I begin to try and sift through, to find which photos to blog and share, and it is extremely overwhelming. I easily take 1000+ pictures a month. Now, not nearly all of those are pictures that I can (many kid pics!) or want to share (really, you want to see an acorn I was shooting in the park?) but it’s still extremely time consuming to sort through, edit, save, post…plus, see #2 & #3.
But hey, with that dreaded winter thing coming shortly, it’s quite possible that I will have more time on my hands. Or maybe not…you never know!
How do you avoid becoming overloaded when it comes to online life? Any tips for me?
Tobin was sick for a good part of this week, so Mr. Derek and I have been hanging out together outside of the house while Mr. Sick Boy stayed home with his parents. On Monday, Derek and I:
- went to the bank
- got his hair cut
- went to the dollar store
- had lunch at Fazoli’s (free breadsticks YUM!)
- saw half of “Mr. Popper’s Penguins” (it was slow moving and after he’d watched the penguins for about 10 minutes he was all “when are we leaving?” sooo yea. The good news is that it was only $2 altogether for our tickets!)
- went to the pet store, where Derek held and then quickly let go of a kitten. Said kitten escaped under a food mallet not to be seen again for a long time. Apparently said kitten escapes out of his cage for days at a time…
- had ice cream, where we ran into Cbus Mom. I instantly recognized her because we’ve hung out with her kids (who were with her!), but I’d never officially met her! Fun times
- hit the library
And all of this between about 9am and 3pm. I was exhausted!
This parrot was all “hello! hello!” which made me laugh and Derek almost cry. It was pretty funny
Now these little lizard/chameleon guys I would gladly take home! I’ve always wanted one.
I did end up chopping my hair about a week ago. So far, I really like it! It’s easy to wash/take care of, but I can still (kind of!) put it into a ponytail so that’s nice.
Here are a couple of pictures. I’ve had a LOT of compliments on it, even from people who very rarely see me- so I take that as a good sign.
Eh, I think it looks better in person, lol.
Also- my parents did a really cool (in my mind) silhouette cover page for their wedding program. I was in between jobs the other day eating dinner in my car and realized that the sun was perfect for shadows- so here is my silhouette. I don’t know, I think it’s neat!
I should compare it with my parents’ next time I’m at their house. I wouldn’t be surprised if mine is similar to my mom’s.