Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Apps

I’ve had my iPhone now for about 16 months and I love it. As a techy girl, it’s awesome to have a phone that does a lot more. I know, I know, I’m probably addicted but oh well!

I’m always on the lookout for new Apps, but here are the ones I use most frequently…

TweetDeck- my favorite (as of now) Twitter app. I like it because it’s the easiest one I’ve found able to handle Twitter lists. The simple yellow bar at the top alerts me to new tweets in each list- very useful!

BlogPress- okay so I don’t use this one too often but I do give it a thumbs-up. It’s easy for simple blogging on the go.

Sleep Cycle- I use this one nightly for the most part. It gives me a good idea of how many hours I sleep.

AccuWeather- weather, weather. I don’t enjoy it this time of year but I do find it pretty accurate.

AroundMe- an easy way to find restaurants, banks and stores when I am traveling and in a new town.

CheapGas- a simple app for finding the cheapest local gas prices.

Flixter- local movies. I frequent the dollar theater a lot Winking smile

Shazam and Sound Hound- ever hear a song in a movie or on the radio and want to know the title? I love these!

What are your favorite apps?

2 comments:

  1. Great app tips. I love blogging on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my first iPhone a week ago, so I am just now exploring all the available apps. It's overwhelming, so I really appreciate hearing about people's favorite apps. I do have Shazam and think it's brilliant. I'm going to check out AroundMe. I'm intrigued by Sleep Cycle. Can you tell me a little more about it and how you use it?

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)