Monday, November 14, 2011

Italy, Hawaii and Nooks

I read a fair amount of books, as referenced through my Goodreads account and my own reading blog, but sometimes the best books are not any of the 600+ (yelp.) on my to-read list, but rather a random book I discover while wandering through the library.

Halfway to Each Other was one of those random finds. I spent a semester in Austria when I was 19 and visited Italy, so that is what initially drew me to the book. While reading, I kept reading about cities and landmarks I’ve visited myself, bringing me back to my own memories.

Another recent favorite was Love Finds You on Sunset Beach, Hawaii. It is written by Robin Jones Gunn, who has been one of my favorite authors for over 10 years. As a teen, I read all of her Christy Miller and Sierra Jensen books. This book ties up Sierra’s story years later, and I read it in about a day.

Also—I was given a Nook for my birthday in February, but I’ve barely used it. I recently decided I haven’t given it a fair chance though, and am looking for some free books to download. I tend to read mostly biographies and Christian books, a clean read is a must. Does anyone have suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Read "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham, it's a short book and nothing like any of his typical legal thrillers. It's just a really good book about Italian culture. You'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are tons of classics out there for free!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)