Friday, November 18, 2011

Kidisms


Bug, age 3, after a day of babysitting, “I had a really fun day today but you can go home now” –unfortunately for him I was staying overnight that night… Smile

--
Derek, age 4, asked me how to spell my name and I did, letter by letter. Afterwards he said, "Wow! That's almost as long as Chrysanthemum!!"
--
Derek: How old are you? Are you 68?
Me: no...
Derek: you're OLDER than 68?!?!
--
Ave, age 8: You can only go on dates before you get married. Well, I mean, you can go on dates after you get married too but only with the person you married so it's not NEARLY as fun!
--
Derek me he wants to go to Heaven right now and be with Jesus, just so he can ride there on a big construction backhoe. He also told me he's just visiting there and he'll be back.
--
Derek, after eating his strawberry sorbet - "That was really good! I tasted the strawberry, but not the sorbet..."
--
Two little girls at the mall play place were cracking me up- they were playing together and after a couple minutes Girl #1 said, "Let's be BEST friends, okay?" Girl #2- "Okay!"...a couple seconds went by and then Girl #2..."So....what's your name?"
--
Derek: Why are you wearing…clothes?!
--
Rachael, age 11, “Seriously. I can back up and parallel park the lawnmower. I should be allowed to drive!"
--
Ave: Did you get married yet?
Me: Not since the last time I saw you, no.
Ave: Okay, well there is this lifeguard at the pool...but he's not the prettiest guy...
--
One day, it only took me 10 times of backing up and going forward to get the Nissan Armada back into the garage. I was impressed with myself because the annoying car kept beeping at me and there was the threat of "please don't hit the boat!" but Bug got tired of it and told me "Daddy's car just doesn't fit in the garage when you drive!”

1 comment:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)