Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pumpkin Mania

IMG_0090

I’d heard of a free, large pumpkin festival less than an hour away from me, so I decided to check it out. My dad, mom, and three of four sisters met me there. It was cool to try all the pumpkin food (among us, we tried pumpkin waffles, pumpkin cappuccino, pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin taffy) and see thousands of pumpkins. However, I wasn’t prepared for the crowd- or the mass amounts of fair food. It was impossible to navigate unless on the sidewalk, which meant missing all the booths… I probably wouldn’t go again, but we had fun!

There were duck-looking pumpkins…
IMG_0096

Pumpkins molded into faces (I did talk to the man who grew these for a while. I believe he said the mold is from the Czech Republic. The pumpkins stay in for only two weeks. Prettttty awesome!
IMG_0081

IMG_0073  IMG_0075IMG_0077

How do they make words on the pumpkins?
IMG_0100


Squarish…Flattened…
IMG_0097  IMG_0099


Perfect Fall Cornucopia
IMG_0069

IMG_0071


World’s Largest Pumpkin Pie…or close!
IMG_0135

Many, many huge pumpkins. What I don’t understand is this: My dad said that when he was growing up, pumpkins around 200 lbs. would win the “largest pumpkin award”…so what are they putting in the soil/water to make pumpkins so huge??

IMG_0062  IMG_0063

IMG_0067

Do you enjoy festivals?

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I love fall and everything that comes along with it, especially apple cider donuts and apple picking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I wonder how they do that with the big pumpkins too. Do they bring them inside for a couple of winters?

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)