Saturday, December 03, 2011

Celebration Day!

Yesterday was a long, long day. I had two midnight-lasting babysitting jobs throughout the week, as well as a 10 pm one (that one was my fault, I had a work meeting that went until 8 pm and then I ended up visiting some friends that live nearby…) Basically, not much sleep had been had this week.

I worked late Friday night as well, something that was not communicated and by 6pm I was just in a bad mood, ready to put my feet up for multiple hours and just zone out.

As I walked out the door, I was handed my bonus, and magically my spirits rose. The bonus coupled with the money I’ve been saving through babysitting (minus what I had to use for more car repairs last week, that is), I only have about $1200 left to pay off my car. Hopefully, if I keep putting in 60+ hour weeks and exhausting myself Winking smile my car will be paid off by June at the absolute latest! This is a huge, huge deal to me —a car (used, of course, paid off within 14 months? If I can do it, I will be proud of myself).

So to celebrate?

I sat down with a couple of Capri Suns and a 49 cent large pizza from Papa John’s- enough to feed me for three meals!

Sometimes my life is just so exciting.

3 comments:

  1. I think that is so great. Having a goal and finally reaching it is so good. And being willing to work hard and do what it takes. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news! Congrats! and 6pm...yes you need to have that talk!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)