Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pinterest Inspired

IMG_0006

A couple weeks ago, I read a blog and saw what looked like a fun craft- melting crayons! My younger sisters and I tried it over Thanksgiving and here’s what I have to say about it:

-it’s very cool
- it is also very time consuming to line up all the crayons and glue them on
- it takes a while to melt the crayons, especially with a super old hairdryer
- I’m pretty sure you can’t really mess up!

IMG_0258

Now, we don’t like to do things the easy way, so I wasn’t really prepared. Our first task was rummaging around my parents’ basement for a suitable canvas to use. We settled on a piece of wood, uncovered old white paint, and began.

IMG_0013IMG_0014

Gluing the crayons on was actually kind of fun!

IMG_0106 (2)

We used just a normal ROYGBIV rainbow lineup, but sometime I’d like to try a sunset and beachy-themed picture. I think that would look cool! Smile

IMG_0180 (3)IMG_0191 (2)

IMG_0195 (2)

We did two over the course of the weekend- here they are!

IMG_0248IMG_0250

IMG_0257

2 comments:

  1. this is seriously cool!!! I hope you hung them up. I love art and that is super funky.

    About my blog reader: yeah, that's how it works - years ago I made shortened the feed. I could probably go back in and figure out how to put up full posts but I'm not very tech-inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I loooove this! Gotta try it...

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)