Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bloggy Hiatus

I began the new year with great intentions. I wanted to blog at least 2 times a week, read more, be more organized, fully enjoy my Thursdays (basically my Sunday/ aka day off).

I am enjoying the new year. Our weather has been fantastic, there is a huge lack of snow and I am SOO thankful for that. However, on the bloggy front I am feeling very blah. I’m just not feeling like I’m in a blogging mood, and add on top of that I discovered that my computer is about to crash because the hard drive is 99% full. There are almost 80,000 pictures on my computer and probably 2/3 of those need to be deleted. There are multiples, blurred pictures, up-close pictures of my sister from when she steal my camera…it’s just out of control.

So, if you don’t see me around, I’m trying to uncover my poor computer from the mounds of photos it's buried under. Sad smile

How do you keep pictures organized? What programs do you use? I need some help!

4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about what to do with my plethora of photos too. I'm thinking that the most important ones I will probably burn onto CDs according to category "Christmas 2011, Zoo Animals, Rocco's First Year, etc.) I would be able to keep them in a CD binder, all neat and tidy. My runner-up idea is to file them on several flash drives, so they can be easily transported, deleted, rearranged, and such. However, it's very likely that I would lose them, or forgetting what photos are on what flash drive. I haven't actually tried either idea, but these are the top two contenders. :) Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are good ideas!! I do have an external hard drive, but I think the problem is that there are up to 10 (TEN!!!) copies of some of my pictures, which are on my computer AND external. So first I need to go through and delete all the junk...and who has time for that?! Haha.

      Delete
  2. For editing and such I use Irfanview. It's freeware and easy to use.

    I have an account with photobucket and found it useful. I have to learn to use Picasa (google's photo program) soon so I'll try to let you know how it goes.

    Meanwhile...I try to title the pictures immediately and use the date (at least the year) in the title. Then I have subfolders like "family" "friends" "work" etc.

    *shrug* Hope I'm helpful in some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of Irfanview! I am off to check that out...

      I do use Picasa, so at least in that regard my pictures are semi-organized. I just need to go through and delete tons...and then stay organized somehow on top of that. Maybe my 2012 word should be organization! Teehee.

      Delete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)