Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hard Week

IMG_2671

This past week was a hard one for me, work wise. By the end of it I just felt like a bad nanny. My job can be draining during weeks like this one!

First, a six-week house project began at my place of work. Granted they are working in the basement but it is WEIRD to have random men walking in and out of the house. Secondly, we didn’t see any of our friends. Stacy hopped off to Cali for the week (lucky girl!), Haley ended up with a sick kiddo, Elsa and I just weren’t able to coordinate our schedules… Being as we usually see friends 2-4 days of the week, I had an itch to talk to another adult by the end of the week, for sure!

Enter Friday. Tobin and I spent the morning at a toddler indoor play time. It’s at a local rec center- a huge gym filled with balls, bikes, tumbling equipment, and 40-50+ toddlers and their caregivers. After a little more than an hour, Tobin was ready to leave—and promptly fell asleep in the car on the way to get Derek from school. He slept for about 20 minutes, but it didn’t worry me. Ahem.

IMG_2665

By Tobin’s normal naptime, it was apparent this day was not going to follow our normal schedule. With Derek fast asleep, Tobin voiced his displeasure about naptime until I finally gave up. After about a half hour, I could tell he was tired, but he’s been on a wacky sleep schedule since Christmas and his parents wanted to reverse that…so I kept him up.

The kiddo made my afternoon. Once Laney got home from school, he was a complete mess. I began to help him pick up the DVDs he’d dumped off the bookshelves earlier in the week, pausing to go to the bathroom. When I returned, this was his position.

IMG_2668

Later in the afternoon, it happened again.

IMG_2675

He woke up once I started to vacuum. Winking smile Hopefully he slept well last night. I’m thankful for his silliness- especially at the end of a cold January week!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a hard week:( I hope this week is going better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting out with friends makes all the difference, as you know ;)

      Delete
  2. you've got a tough job! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Most weeks it's not bad and we have fun!

      Delete
  3. I don't know how you and Stacy do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a reason we get together most weeks :) it helps to get together with a friend in the same position :D

      Delete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)